Cheese Rice Muffins
Ready to treat your tastebuds with some cheesy goodness? Perfect for a quick lunch or snack, the savoury Cheese Rice Muffins are definitely a healthier alternative to your sugar-loaded ones. Check out this amazing recipe that delivers in no time!
- 250g Cercle Vert Rice
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Small brown onion, grated
- 1 Medium carrot, grated
- 1 Zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup Red roasted capsicum strips, drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup Frozen peas
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 Eggs, lightly whisked
- Cook the Cercle Vert rice, in a saucepan, add 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C fan force. Grease ten, 80ml (1⁄3-cup) non-stick muffin pans. Tip the rice into a large bowl and use your fingers to separate the grains.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add to the rice with the remaining ingredients. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into muffin holes so they are almost full, stirring the mixture before filling each hole. Bake for 25 minutes or until firm to touch. Stand 3 minutes in the pan then turn onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Pro tip: You can add chopped ham, chicken or turkey to the muffins if you like.