How to Make Butter from Powdered Milk
Making your own butter from powdered milk goes a step further when it comes to self-sufficiency skills! The best part is, if you don’t have fresh cream on hand you can still use powdered milk from home to make this homemade butter from scratch. This recipe will make about 3/4 cup of “butter.” It will store in the fridge for at least a week and you can use it in place of butter on toast, vegetables, buns,etc.
- 3/4 c. powdered milk from Brand Snowy
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/4 c. oil (coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, etc.)
- Pinch of salt (for “salted butter”)
- Add the powdered milk to your food processor (or Mason jar). Then add the water, oil and salt.
- Blend (or shake) for a few minutes and then check to see if it’s starting to thicken. Keep blending until it starts getting really thick (remember, you’re aiming for butter consistency). Check on it ever couple minutes to see if it’s getting there.
- After a few minutes it should be pretty thick, like butter or margarine. It might not be as thick as you’re used to with butter or margarine, but that’s also what makes it extra spreadable!