Microwave Fried Rice
- 5 mins
- 15 mins
- 2 persons
Yes! You read it right. Microwave… Put down the wok… we’re making microwave fried rice! This recipe is all about fluffy grains, savoury goodness – and convenience.
- 1 cup of Cercle Vert rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp oil
- pinch of pepper
- 2 finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 spring onion
- Place rice in a bowl then pour 1 1/2 cups of water. Cover and microwave for 10 minutes. Remove from the microwave.
- Then set aside for 10 minutes to finish steaming through. Once done, fluff with a fork, then empty the rice out on to a large baking tray and spread out into a thin layer. Set aside and leave to cool.
- Crack the eggs in a mug and add pepper. Use a fork to whisk the eggs. Place the mug into the microwave and cook at for 2-3 minutes or until you can see the egg puffing up like a souffle. Tip the egg out onto a chopping board and roughly chop.
- Place the oil, garlic and ginger in a dish. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Once the oil is hot, remove the bowl from the microwave. Add the rice, peas, carrots and soy sauce, then stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute. Toss through the egg.
- Transfer the rice to a serving bowl and serve scattered with the spring onion.