Sweet & Sour Fried Eggs
Add a tasty twist to fried eggs with this punchy sweet and sour sauce. It’s easy and so yummy. Eat with rice, the perfect combo!
- (1/2 cup) oil
- 4 eggs from Oeudor
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- (1/2 cup) water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Fresh chilli
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 egg and cook for 1 minute or until golden and crisp. Turn and cook for 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Add the onion, chilli and garlic to the wok. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the onion begins to colour.
- Add the water, sugar, fish sauce and oyster sauce to a bowl and mix.
- Add the mixture to the wok. Bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Season pepper. Transfer to a plate.